The Best Garden Scooter: 5 Choices To Save Your Back
Gardening is great for your soul, but it can strain your knees and back. Planting, pruning, and weeding become normal activities. If you find yourself working several hours in your garden beds, a garden scooter can relieve the aches and pains, allowing you to work in comfort.
A gardener can find other useful tasks for a garden scooter, such as painting the interior of your home or detailing cars. So, don’t worry that it is a waste of money. You’ll find plenty of ways to use for the best garden scooter!
Picking The Best Garden Scooter
If you aren’t sure what a garden scooter is, you are missing out! It is a gardening tool that allows you to carry tools around as well as offering a place for you to sit while you garden. Some even give you places to store your refreshments! Long gone are the days when you have to sit on your knees for hours while pulling weeds.
Each model has different design features that make it more or less ideal for the user. Consider these features when making your decision. What matters most to you won’t matter as much to someone else.
The weight of the scooter could be a deciding factor for you, especially if you are elderly. The more lightweight, the better the scooter is for you. Think about your landscape and yard size and how often you might need to lift and carry the scooter. An ideal choice is less than 10 pounds unless you want a metal, heavy-duty scooter. Metal means a heavier product.
You are going to use the scooter to move on a variety of surfaces, from your patio to grass. The wheels should be able to handle all kinds of terrain for years to come. Metal scooters tend to have heavy-duty wheels and have a higher weight capacity for a wide range of users.
Not only are these scooters, but they also are storage containers on wheels. You want to have storage for your most commonly used tools, such as your trowel or hand rake. It should also have space for your gloves and other items you might use. Some even have spots for your drinks and snacks!
There are two types of garden scooters, and the type you pick determines the type of storage it offers. An enclosed design is essentially a storage compartment with wheels. The compartment is covered and used as a seat. The open design is similar to a small tractor and typically comes with a utility tray under the seat or a rear basket.
Plastic or Metal
Plastic scooters weigh less, but metal scooters are more durable and better for heavy usage. Consider how often you will use the scooter. Metal scooters with a pull handle are better for your back since you don’t have to carry them across the yard. You do have to remember to store the metal scooter inside so it doesn’t rust and shorten its lifespan.
The next feature that matters is the adjustability. A seat that is adjustable offers more flexibility and better ergonomics. Many seats offer varying heights, so you can easily reach your garden bed or vehicle. Swiveling seats allow you get more done from the same spot.
If adjustability is important for you, you will want an open designed scooter. The enclosed varieties don’t offer seats that rotate or varying heights. The open scooters have adjustable, swiveling seats.
The Top 5 Garden Scooters Review
While all five of these garden scooters have great features, the clear winner is Vertex Garden Rocker Rolling made by USA. It is lightweight, versatile, and contoured seat swivels. Vertex creates products that are used to being left outside, so you can trust their quality.
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Garden Scooters
Real Time Updates
- The Step2 Garden Hopper is a mobile work seat and storage area that provides you with comfort and easy access to tools while you take care of the yard
- By sitting on the seat of this gardening product, you're able to weed and trim without putting pressure on your knees
- Molded-in seat handle for easy transport
- 7-Inch (17.8 cm) smooth rolling wheels for easy mobility on grass
- Large storage bin for tools and gloves; Features a beverage holder
- Plastic: All-purpose cleaners are perfect for cleaning our products and a soft bristle brush may also be used. Power washers can be used but adjust the power so it does not flex the walls or tops of storage buildings and sheds. Wood: There are a number of cleaners for wood. These can be found in hardware and home stores.
- Foam cushion for sitting or can be removed for use as a kneeling pad
- Includes 2 drink holders
- Small bin inside
- Carries gardening supplies
- Storage Area and Removable Tool Tray, Lid Makes for a Sturdy Seat
- 2 inch Wide Wheels to Navigate Surfaces, Supports up to 220 lbs, Materials: Polypropylene
- Dimensions: Overall: Length: 10 inches, Width: 21.5 inches, Height: 11.5 inches
- Tool Tray: Length: 8.75 inches, Width: 14 inches, Height:1.5 inches
- Storage Area: Length: 8 inches, Width: 15.5 inches, Height: 7.5 inches
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: Yard cart is 40 inch long x 18 inch wide x 22 inch tall, weighs 32 pounds. Seat adjust from 16.5 to 22 inches so you can find a comfortable height. Weight capacity: 225 pounds.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Heavy duty yard cart frame is made from powder coated steel with a extendable handle, removable light round planter basket, and coated tire rims. It also features a plastic utility tray beneath the seat.
- FANTASTIC FEATURES: The seat on the tractor scooter features a 360 degree swivel motion so you can completely rotate as you work. Steel axles and pneumatic wheels ensure that you can count on the utility cart to last through many years of landscaping and outdoor projects. Plus, the extendable steering handle allows you to pull the lawn cart with ease.
- WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER: This steel cart is easier on your lower back and the basket gives you a great place for your tools. Can also be used in the shop, on the ranch, or at the farm.
- WARRANTY: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
- BENEFITS- Scoot lets you work from a seated position, so it's easier on your back and knees. The bucket basket. It's the perfect size for a 5-gallon pail or a 3-1/2 gallon Tubtrug. Great for gardening and many other projects, from washing tires to painting low spots
- GARDENER' SUPPLY EXCLUSIVE
- PRODUCT DETAILS- 1 Inch Powder-coated tubular steel, Weight capacity is 400 lbs. Comfortable tires are 10" in diameter. Heavy-duty construction, with pneumatic tires and a swiveling, height-adjustable seat from 16" to 19" high
- Tubtrug and tools pictured NOT included**