The Best Garden Scooter: 5 Choices To Save Your Back
Gardening is great for your soul, but it can strain your knees and back. Planting, pruning, and weeding become normal activities. If you find yourself working several hours in your garden beds, a garden scooter can relieve the aches and pains, allowing you to work in comfort.
A gardener can find other useful tasks for a garden scooter, such as painting the interior of your home or detailing cars. So, don’t worry that it is a waste of money. You’ll find plenty of ways to use for the best garden scooter!
Picking The Best Garden Scooter
If you aren’t sure what a garden scooter is, you are missing out! It is a gardening tool that allows you to carry tools around as well as offering a place for you to sit while you garden. Some even give you places to store your refreshments! Long gone are the days when you have to sit on your knees for hours while pulling weeds.
Each model has different design features that make it more or less ideal for the user. Consider these features when making your decision. What matters most to you won’t matter as much to someone else.
The weight of the scooter could be a deciding factor for you, especially if you are elderly. The more lightweight, the better the scooter is for you. Think about your landscape and yard size and how often you might need to lift and carry the scooter. An ideal choice is less than 10 pounds unless you want a metal, heavy-duty scooter. Metal means a heavier product.
You are going to use the scooter to move on a variety of surfaces, from your patio to grass. The wheels should be able to handle all kinds of terrain for years to come. Metal scooters tend to have heavy-duty wheels and have a higher weight capacity for a wide range of users.
Not only are these scooters, but they also are storage containers on wheels. You want to have storage for your most commonly used tools, such as your trowel or hand rake. It should also have space for your gloves and other items you might use. Some even have spots for your drinks and snacks!
There are two types of garden scooters, and the type you pick determines the type of storage it offers. An enclosed design is essentially a storage compartment with wheels. The compartment is covered and used as a seat. The open design is similar to a small tractor and typically comes with a utility tray under the seat or a rear basket.
Plastic or Metal
Plastic scooters weigh less, but metal scooters are more durable and better for heavy usage. Consider how often you will use the scooter. Metal scooters with a pull handle are better for your back since you don’t have to carry them across the yard. You do have to remember to store the metal scooter inside so it doesn’t rust and shorten its lifespan.
The next feature that matters is the adjustability. A seat that is adjustable offers more flexibility and better ergonomics. Many seats offer varying heights, so you can easily reach your garden bed or vehicle. Swiveling seats allow you get more done from the same spot.
If adjustability is important for you, you will want an open designed scooter. The enclosed varieties don’t offer seats that rotate or varying heights. The open scooters have adjustable, swiveling seats.
The Top 5 Garden Scooters Review
While all five of these garden scooters have great features, the clear winner is Vertex Garden Rocker Rolling made by USA. It is lightweight, versatile, and contoured seat swivels. Vertex creates products that are used to being left outside, so you can trust their quality.
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Garden Scooters
Real Time Updates
- Constructed of powder Coated steel frame
- Adjustable seat height and swivel for a comfortable working position
- Extendable steering handle allows you to pull the lawn cart with ease.
- Easy rolling 10 in. Pneumatic tires for rough terrain
- Swiveling seat with adjustable heights from 12" to 16" allows you to work in comfort
- No-flat tires and easy steering handle provide great mobility
- Includes tool holder/organizer and bucket holder
- Heavy-duty steel construction with rust-resistant hardware
- Seat handles help with smooth and effortless standing and sitting
- 2 cubic foot capacity
- 7-Inch diameter wheels and solid steel axles allow for easy transporting
- Lid makes for a sturdy seat
- Handle flips up easily to pull cart
- Easily moves plants, tools and more around home or garden
- The Step2 Garden Hopper is a mobile work seat and storage area that provides you with comfort and easy access to tools while you take care of the yard
- By sitting on the seat of this gardening product, you're able to weed and trim without putting pressure on your knees
- Molded-in seat handle for easy transport
- 7-Inch (17.8 cm) smooth rolling wheels for easy mobility on grass
- Large storage bin for tools and gloves; Features a beverage holder
- Durable Structure: Garden scooter is built with a heavy-duty steel frame, constructed of powder coated finish, rust-resistant and waterproof, and has a weight capacity of 300 pounds, a great lawn care tools to assist with planting and gardening.
- Large Storage Capacity: Basket and carton can store your most commonly used tools and accessories,so you get them quickly and easily when you need them.
- Four 10 inch Pneumatic Tires: The 10 inch rubber wheels are sturdy and pneumatic, which allow you to steer the Hose Reel Cart in various types of terrain.
- Adjustable Cart Seat and Handle: The garden cart seat is height adjustable to help you with different garden projects with the extendable steer handle moving your cart from one place to another easily.
- Multi-uses: It can be used in yard, countryside, garage or other work place,good choice for rest,planting,washing cars and so on.