The Best Garden Scooter: 5 Choices To Save Your Back
Gardening is great for your soul, but it can strain your knees and back. Planting, pruning, and weeding become normal activities. If you find yourself working several hours in your garden beds, a garden scooter can relieve the aches and pains, allowing you to work in comfort.
A gardener can find other useful tasks for a garden scooter, such as painting the interior of your home or detailing cars. So, don’t worry that it is a waste of money. You’ll find plenty of ways to use for the best garden scooter!
Picking The Best Garden Scooter
If you aren’t sure what a garden scooter is, you are missing out! It is a gardening tool that allows you to carry tools around as well as offering a place for you to sit while you garden. Some even give you places to store your refreshments! Long gone are the days when you have to sit on your knees for hours while pulling weeds.
Each model has different design features that make it more or less ideal for the user. Consider these features when making your decision. What matters most to you won’t matter as much to someone else.
The weight of the scooter could be a deciding factor for you, especially if you are elderly. The more lightweight, the better the scooter is for you. Think about your landscape and yard size and how often you might need to lift and carry the scooter. An ideal choice is less than 10 pounds unless you want a metal, heavy-duty scooter. Metal means a heavier product.
You are going to use the scooter to move on a variety of surfaces, from your patio to grass. The wheels should be able to handle all kinds of terrain for years to come. Metal scooters tend to have heavy-duty wheels and have a higher weight capacity for a wide range of users.
Not only are these scooters, but they also are storage containers on wheels. You want to have storage for your most commonly used tools, such as your trowel or hand rake. It should also have space for your gloves and other items you might use. Some even have spots for your drinks and snacks!
There are two types of garden scooters, and the type you pick determines the type of storage it offers. An enclosed design is essentially a storage compartment with wheels. The compartment is covered and used as a seat. The open design is similar to a small tractor and typically comes with a utility tray under the seat or a rear basket.
Plastic or Metal
Plastic scooters weigh less, but metal scooters are more durable and better for heavy usage. Consider how often you will use the scooter. Metal scooters with a pull handle are better for your back since you don’t have to carry them across the yard. You do have to remember to store the metal scooter inside so it doesn’t rust and shorten its lifespan.
The next feature that matters is the adjustability. A seat that is adjustable offers more flexibility and better ergonomics. Many seats offer varying heights, so you can easily reach your garden bed or vehicle. Swiveling seats allow you get more done from the same spot.
If adjustability is important for you, you will want an open designed scooter. The enclosed varieties don’t offer seats that rotate or varying heights. The open scooters have adjustable, swiveling seats.
The Top 5 Garden Scooters Review
While all five of these garden scooters have great features, the clear winner is Vertex Garden Rocker Rolling made by USA. It is lightweight, versatile, and contoured seat swivels. Vertex creates products that are used to being left outside, so you can trust their quality.
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Garden Scooters
Real Time Updates
- Plastic: All-purpose cleaners are perfect for cleaning our products and a soft bristle brush may also be used. Power washers can be used but adjust the power so it does not flex the walls or tops of storage buildings and sheds. Wood: There are a number of cleaners for wood. These can be found in hardware and home stores.
- Foam cushion for sitting or can be removed for use as a kneeling pad
- Includes 2 drink holders
- Small bin inside
- Carries gardening supplies
- The Step2 Garden Hopper is a mobile work seat and storage area that provides you with comfort and easy access to tools while you take care of the yard
- By sitting on the seat of this gardening product, you're able to weed and trim without putting pressure on your knees
- Molded-in seat handle for easy transport
- 7-Inch (17.8 cm) smooth rolling wheels for easy mobility on grass
- Large storage bin for tools and gloves; Features a beverage holder
- Overall dimensions: 31 inch long x 18 inch wide x 22 inch high, weighs 28 pounds, 300 pound weight capacity. Adjustable height seat ranges from 16.5 inches high to 22 inches high so you can easily find a comfortable height for working in the shop.
- Shop cart is made from heavy duty green powder coated steel and features a black plastic tray beneath the seat. Tools required for assembly: 1/2" wrench, 3/4" wrench, pliers, and Phillips screwdriver.
- The seat features a 360 degree swivel motion so you can completely rotate as you work. Solid steel axles and heavy duty pneumatic wheels ensure that you can count on the cart to last through many years of gardening and landscaping.
- Please note that this is not meant for children to play with or ride on.
- Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Storage Area and Removable Tool Tray, Lid Makes for a Sturdy Seat
- 2 inch Wide Wheels to Navigate Surfaces, Supports up to 220 lbs, Materials: Polypropylene
- Dimensions: Overall: Length: 10 inches, Width: 21.5 inches, Height: 11.5 inches
- Tool Tray: Length: 8.75 inches, Width: 14 inches, Height:1.5 inches
- Storage Area: Length: 8 inches, Width: 15.5 inches, Height: 7.5 inches
- GARDEN WITHOUT BACK PAIN - You love spending time in your garden, but all that bending over can create lots of unpleasant aches and pains. That's why Miracle-Gro created our 4-in-1 outdoor garden stool. It's here to make your life easier, so you can create the garden of your dreams, comfortably.
- 4-IN-1 - Finally there's a convenient solution for all of your gardening needs! Miracle-Gro's handy garden cart features a spacious inner storage bin with dual locking sides, a sturdy seat for comfortable sitting, easy rolling wheels, and a soft, gentle foam kneeling pad for when you need to get down and dirty. With your multi-use garden wagon you'll be able to appreciate the great outdoors like never before!
- THE EXTRA SUPPORT YOU NEED - Spending all day outside can be backbreaking, even if you're doing what you love! Luckily, Miracle-Gro's garden seat makes digging in the dirt more comfortable for all ages. This lightweight stool offers a convenient seat on 1 side, and flips over to reveal a soft, padded foam kneeling pad to protect knees and joints! Plus, the tool legs double as support handles for stability as you stand up
- BUILT TO LAST - Get the heavy-duty garden kneeler you can depend on with Miracle-Gro. It's weatherproof, outdoor-friendly, easy to clean, and UV protected, so it will never crack, even under constant sun exposure. The sturdy seat can hold up to 225 lbs., and the spacious inner compartment has ample room to store your tools. At just 4.4 lbs., this rolling cart is the multi-use tool that every gardener needs in the shed!
- FREE BONUS GIFT - Achieve your garden goals with a FREE pair of Scotts multi-purpose gardening gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-resistant, and features a no-slip grip, perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Grow your green thumb with Scotts and Miracle-Gro!