Selecting One Of The 5 Best Garden Sprayer
Taking proper care of your garden and lawn requires a garden sprayer. They help to ensure your flowers, vegetables, and grass is beautiful. Buying one of the best garden sprayer options will prevent weeds and bugs from overtaking your hard work. You can use them to spray herbicides throughout late spring or end of the summer when weeds are typically a problem.
If you have time, read on down to see what you need to know about garden sprayers. However, here are our top picks!
Hose End Sprayer
Tow Behind Sprayer
What Type of Garden Sprayer Do You Need?
There is more than one type of garden sprayer on the market. They vary from one quart to four gallons, so you are sure to find something that works for your needs! There are a variety of options.
Do you need a simple option that can apply herbicide to a specific area? A sprayer that you use by hand is the least expensive choice, plus it is simple. You add whatever chemical you want to spray on the weeds to the jug attached to the sprayer. The nozzle allows you to adjust the amount that is sprayed over the area. The best thing about this type is you can make sure the spots that need it the most get the appropriate amount of herbicide.
You may also find these noted as compression garden sprayers, and they are a common choice for gardeners. It has a tank where you place the chemicals, but you have to dilute it yourself. Then, the handle helps to create pressure, and you use a wand to spray it on the areas that require treatment. One of the reasons gardeners prefer to use this choice is it allows for precision when using herbicides. They aren’t ideal for large areas.
If you have to spray a large area, one of the best choices is a backpack sprayer. They work just like the pump sprayer. The main difference is you wear it on your back instead of carrying with your hand. The wand is longer and wraps around your back. You want to use this option if you have to spray a huge area, requiring a massive load of liquid. It allows for an easier process.
Are you spraying an entire area or more? A pull behind sprayer is an excellent choice. They typically attach to the back of your ATV, but they can be pulled by a lawnmower as well. If you are spraying crops, parks, or a large area, pull behind sprayers cover the entire area thoroughly.
If you want something similar to the pull behind, a spot sprayer can be mounted to an assortment of applications. You can spray a broad area with a wand. They are different than a pull behind that relies on a boom to spray the chemicals.
What Other Features Are Important?
Besides the type of sprayer, you want to consider the other features of the sprayer.
You can purchase sprayer in a variety of container sizes, from one quart up to three gallons. Typically, handheld sprayers have a smaller size. Backpack sprayers are the largest. However, there are smaller backpack sprayers if you like that option. You should select the capacity that matches the size of the area you need to spray. A large garden requires greater capacity.
Garden sprayers are made from a variety of materials. The most common materials used are stainless steel, polyethylene steel, and galvanized steel. Plastic is lightweight and cheap, but it isn’t as durable. Steel is the most durable choice, but it is heavier.
Some sprayers have adjustable features that can make the process easier. Adjustable nozzles allow you to spray in hard to reach places or under plants and trees. It is an outstanding quality, and it makes life simple. Particular sticks are better for spraying their chemicals. You don’t want one that will bead-up the solution, not allowing it to run down the leaf onto the ground.
5 Best Garden Sprayer Reviews
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Garden Sprayers
Real Time Updates
- For all your home and garden needs. Easy one-step assembly. Fill, pressurize, and spray
- Safe, pressure release cap sends vapors and liquids down and away before top is opened
- The highly efficient pump requires 25% fewer strokes - saving you time and energy
- Premium shut-off with comfort grip and lock-on feature for continuous spraying
- All-in-one nozzle with three settings: fan, stream, and cone spray
- 48-ounce poly bottle with wide mouth for easy filling and cleaning
- Compatible with common fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides
- Adjustable nozzle for fine mists to coarse streams
- Anti-clog filter
- Ergonomic Handle
- Our 1.3-gallon garden sprayer has fully adjustable wand nozzle from spray to mist, lockable shut-off trigger mechanism and water flow regulator
- Action pump sprayer has translucent graduated bottle/tank in litres and fluid ounces for accuracy when filling, cleaning or mixing
- Lawn and garden sprayer has pressure release valve and heavy duty shoulder strap for easy pumping, carrying and spraying
- Pesticide sprayer can be used with water & non viscous water based or liquid soluble products including pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, fertilisers
- Includes longer 50-inch reinforced hose with 12-inch watering wand/lance for use in awkward or inaccessible places and strengthened base for durability and stability
- Versatile sprayer designed not only for lawns, but also for commercial cleaning, sanitizing, and applying harsh chemicals
- Premium, commercial grade shut-off with comfortable grip; lock-on feature; and easy-to-clean, in-line filter
- 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals throughout pump and shut-off for long-term resistance to chemicals
- Pressure release valve helps prevent chemicals from getting on you before opening the tank
- Includes 5 nozzles for ultimate versatility: poly adjustable, brass adjustable, 2 flat fans, and a high performance foaming nozzle
- Everything in Reach: Hose Wand allows you to water Over, Under, and Around where traditional nozzles can't reach.
- Versatility: Water vertical, hanging, and wall planters with ease! Reach into shrubs and bushes to ensure everything is watered thoroughly! Ratcheting head provides 180° of watering freedom! Includes the Shower and Soaker patterns!
- No Squeeze: Thumb Control technology means you activate a lever only once to engage in continuous watering - no more hand strain from squeezing handles!
- Adjustable Pressure: Unlike traditional wands where a squeeze produces a forceful spray, the adjustable lever allows gentle showers on delicate flowers and plants from beginning to end.
- Guaranteed 100%: We sell only high-quality products, and stand by them with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Let us prove it to you today - try the ikris Hose Wand in situations where others have failed!