Selecting One Of The 5 Best Garden Sprayer
Taking proper care of your garden and lawn requires a garden sprayer. They help to ensure your flowers, vegetables, and grass is beautiful. Buying one of the best garden sprayer options will prevent weeds and bugs from overtaking your hard work. You can use them to spray herbicides throughout late spring or end of the summer when weeds are typically a problem.
If you have time, read on down to see what you need to know about garden sprayers. However, here are our top picks!
Hose End Sprayer
Tow Behind Sprayer
What Type of Garden Sprayer Do You Need?
There is more than one type of garden sprayer on the market. They vary from one quart to four gallons, so you are sure to find something that works for your needs! There are a variety of options.
Do you need a simple option that can apply herbicide to a specific area? A sprayer that you use by hand is the least expensive choice, plus it is simple. You add whatever chemical you want to spray on the weeds to the jug attached to the sprayer. The nozzle allows you to adjust the amount that is sprayed over the area. The best thing about this type is you can make sure the spots that need it the most get the appropriate amount of herbicide.
You may also find these noted as compression garden sprayers, and they are a common choice for gardeners. It has a tank where you place the chemicals, but you have to dilute it yourself. Then, the handle helps to create pressure, and you use a wand to spray it on the areas that require treatment. One of the reasons gardeners prefer to use this choice is it allows for precision when using herbicides. They aren’t ideal for large areas.
If you have to spray a large area, one of the best choices is a backpack sprayer. They work just like the pump sprayer. The main difference is you wear it on your back instead of carrying with your hand. The wand is longer and wraps around your back. You want to use this option if you have to spray a huge area, requiring a massive load of liquid. It allows for an easier process.
Are you spraying an entire area or more? A pull behind sprayer is an excellent choice. They typically attach to the back of your ATV, but they can be pulled by a lawnmower as well. If you are spraying crops, parks, or a large area, pull behind sprayers cover the entire area thoroughly.
If you want something similar to the pull behind, a spot sprayer can be mounted to an assortment of applications. You can spray a broad area with a wand. They are different than a pull behind that relies on a boom to spray the chemicals.
What Other Features Are Important?
Besides the type of sprayer, you want to consider the other features of the sprayer.
You can purchase sprayer in a variety of container sizes, from one quart up to three gallons. Typically, handheld sprayers have a smaller size. Backpack sprayers are the largest. However, there are smaller backpack sprayers if you like that option. You should select the capacity that matches the size of the area you need to spray. A large garden requires greater capacity.
Garden sprayers are made from a variety of materials. The most common materials used are stainless steel, polyethylene steel, and galvanized steel. Plastic is lightweight and cheap, but it isn’t as durable. Steel is the most durable choice, but it is heavier.
Some sprayers have adjustable features that can make the process easier. Adjustable nozzles allow you to spray in hard to reach places or under plants and trees. It is an outstanding quality, and it makes life simple. Particular sticks are better for spraying their chemicals. You don’t want one that will bead-up the solution, not allowing it to run down the leaf onto the ground.
5 Best Garden Sprayer Reviews
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Garden Sprayers
Real Time Updates
- 2 gallon funnel-top, translucent tank for easy filling and cleaning
- Compatible with Common fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides
- Features Chapin's sure spray Anti-Clog filter for clog-free spraying
- Includes a 12-inch wand, 28-inch reinforced hose, adjustable nozzle and comfortable spray handle
- Ergonomic handle for easy pumping and carrying
- Easy to use, 1-step assembly. Fill, pressurize and spray
- Use with bleach and other harsh chemicals when cleaning bricks, tubs, showers, siding, or even locker rooms
- Shut-off has a comfortable grip and will lock on for continuous spraying
- Replaceable Viton seals and gaskets throughout pump and wand for chemical resistance and sprayer longevity
- Includes poly adjustable nozzle (stream to cone)
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL. Practical 1.3-gallon compression sprayer for indoor and outdoor use. This sturdy sprayer is compatible with most commercial liquid fertilizers, weed killers, pesticides, herbicides & fungicides. This product is also suitable for spraying water up to 131°F and for solvent-free mild pest control chemicals (PH range 5-8). NOT suitable for caustic or acidic (vinegar) solutions.
- EASY FILLING. Funnel top opening allows for easy no-mess filling. Simply unscrew, fill up the bottle, and close the lid. Pump up the pressure and you are ready to go!
- TRANSPARENT BOTTLE. Check the fluid level is visible through the translucent bottle. You will know exactly when to refill!
- PRACTICAL SPRAYING WAND. Enjoy a better reach and work standing up straight with the help of the sprayer wand. The sprayer comes with shoulder strap, so you can save your back. The comfort-grip handle has a shut-off valve, so you can rest your hand while keeping a constant flow.
- ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE. The TABOR TOOLS customer satisfaction guarantee means exactly that. We will fix any problems quickly and answer to your need every time. We are always available to help our customers; our service record is unmatched!
- Our Best pump, designed specifically for commercial uses
- 18" heavy-duty poly wand will not corrode
- Viton O-rings/seals provide maximum chemical resistance
- Easy-to-use pressure relief valve, safely releases pressure in tank
- 4 nozzles included for ultimate versatility: poly adjustable (enables stream to fine spray), medium volume flat fan, low volume flat fan, and foaming nozzle
- Internal No Leak Pump design is safer to use chemicals will not drip down your back. Internal piston pump delivers up to 150 PSI
- Durable, 21 inch poly wand with the highest quality Viton seals can be used with Wet table powders and liquids for all applications does the work of both a piston and diaphragm backpack
- Premium, lockable shut off with brass components and an in-line filter.
- Easy access pump allows changing of seals in just minutes with no tools
- 4 nozzles included: brass adjustable, 2 flat fans, and foaming nozzle. Also accepts Tee Jet nozzles.