The Best Hose Timer Buying Guide You Should Know
Creating a schedule is beneficial for everyone and everything, including your plants. A hose timer allows you to set a reliable schedule to ensure all of your plants are watered. You might like to have your morning coffee when you wake each day. Plants love to have a drink of water each morning.
A hose timer also allows you to create an ideal watering cycle. You can plan the frequency and duration. These schedules can be changed based on future temperatures and weather forecasts. They are easy to use and a great way to save time on your garden!
How To Pick A Hose Timer
There are several different choices available on the market, so you want to pick the choice that best aligns with your needs.
There is a wide price range of hose timers. The first thing you should do is set a budget that works for you. The price is going to align with the additional features, such as water pressure and number of outlets. That doesn’t mean the cheaper ones are bad! They don’t just include too many extras.
The Features Included
You have to check all of the features included in the hose timer. For example, look at the type. Is it a digital or analog timer? How many outlets does it include? How does it measure runtime? Extras, such as weatherproofing and being programmable are great bonuses!
As you can imagine, an electric timer is the easiest design and perfect if you work often. Electric timers let you set the frequency and duration, so you don’t have to be there at all once it is set. Single outlets are better for those with a small lawn. The largest amount of outlets a hose timer will have is three. Outlets are important because they allow you to control the water flow! Those with a lot of yard to water should consider a timer with three outlets.
Since your hose timer is located outside, weatherproofing will extend the life of your product. The rating is displayed on the packaging in the form of IPXY. The X and Y will be numbers between 1 and 9. You might see IP66 or IP45. The numbers tell you how much moisture and dust protection the hose timer has. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Ease of Use
The easiest hose timers to use also will be the most expensive, in general. Programmable timers with LCD screens give you the most freedom of interaction. These hose timers let the user create a watering schedule for each area of your garden. Some allow you to set the intensity, based on gallons per minute.
One feature that gardeners love is the rain delay feature! It is an awesome feature that allows you to pause your watering schedule if there has been recent rain. This feature prevents your garden from being over-watered, which is a major issue. Too much water can cause your plants to die, rot or spread disease. Plus, if your plants already have water, there is no reason to pay for more water! This feature saves you money as well.
Tips For Using A Hose Timer
Here are some tips for using a hose timer effectively.
The 5 Best Hose Timers Review
While all of these hose timers are great, the clear winner is Instapark! It features the most customization for a single valve. It also has one of the best rain delay features, ensuring you save as much water as possible. Plus, the brand is trustworthy and sells quality products.
A hose timer is a great way to maximize your time and ensure your plants always stay watered. A schedule is important for that! You don’t’ want all of your hard work to be destroyed because you forgot to water for a few days. One of these choices for the best hose timer will fit all of your needs and wants. Then, you can rest assured knowing your plants are always properly watered.Do you use a hose timer? If so, let us know what is your favorite in the comments!
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Hose Timer
Real Time Updates
- Timed watering up to 120 minutes
- Durable high impact construction
- Oversized dial with comfort grip for easy use
- No batteries required
- Saves water in drought conditions
- Watering frequency from every 6 hrs up to every 7th day
- Watering duration from 1 to 240 minutes
- Rain delay options of 24, 48, or 72 hours
- Manual watering without interrupting programing
- Install quickly with swivel connection; Durable, weather resistant construction
- Four valves let you schedule watering Separately for different areas of the yard
- Flexible scheduling lets you water as often as every hour, up to 24 hours a day or as little as once a week on each valve
- Automatically water for as little as 1 minute up to 6 hours
- 5 Extra filter washers included for a leak-free seal
- Backed by a Melnor Limited 7 Year . We stand behind our products.
- Single outlet to run one hose or watering tool
- Programmable start time, frequency and duration of watering (1 to 360 minutes)
- Easy to set up, no tools needed, requiers 2AA batteries (batteries not included)
- Metal easy-swivel coupling for a quick connection to your spigot and hose
- 2-year warranty
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: IP65 waterproof. This water hose timer with new pneumatic sealed components and top connector which is made of 30% reinforced nylon material, more impact-resistant and wear-resistant than ABS withstand up to 10kg water pressure to greatly avoid internal leaking.Waterproof battery case with internal rubber ring around the cover protects the batteries inside.2 size rings match well with NPT/UN standard type faucet.
- WIDER RANGE OF RUN TIME AND INTERVAL:Watering Duration: 1s-59s, 1min-300min，Watering Frequency: 1h-23h, 1 day-15 days.Compared to most timer on the market, shortest watering time can only be up to 1 minute,our water timer can reach 1 second, suitable for watering flowers and Slowest watering frequency is 15 days, which is very suitable for plants with low water requirements,such as cactus,aloe vera,etc. Especially in winter.The frequency of watering many plants will decrease.
- MULTI-FUNCTION FOR MULTIPLE USES:[Child Lock mode]can effectively avoid unintended trigger by kids& pets and prevent water waste.Manual rain delay is available in our water faucet timer to prevent over-watering and save much water in rain days.Manual mode allow instant watering use without interrupting your set irrigation program.This water timer can apply to drip irrigation systems, rain buckets, pet water and sprinkler irrigation etc.
- 3" LARGE SCREEN & OVER 6 MONTHS WORKING TIME: This Sprinkler timer features a large,easy to read LCD screen, displaying amazingly detailed information; such as when next watering cycle will begin, duration remaining for current watering cycle and much more.Especially the battery indicator can display the remaining battery, reminding you to change the battery in time.2*AA batteries allows our water timer to run for over 6 months.Much power is saved as the screen enters into sleep state after 30s
- 100% SATISFACTION: Homitt hose timer tries its best to improve product quality and peace of mind 100% satisfaction service.We Homitt provide 60-days money back and 7-year warranty for this water hose timer. Please feel freely to contact us if you have anything questions.