The Best Hose Timer Buying Guide You Should Know
Creating a schedule is beneficial for everyone and everything, including your plants. A hose timer allows you to set a reliable schedule to ensure all of your plants are watered. You might like to have your morning coffee when you wake each day. Plants love to have a drink of water each morning.
A hose timer also allows you to create an ideal watering cycle. You can plan the frequency and duration. These schedules can be changed based on future temperatures and weather forecasts. They are easy to use and a great way to save time on your garden!
How To Pick A Hose Timer
There are several different choices available on the market, so you want to pick the choice that best aligns with your needs.
There is a wide price range of hose timers. The first thing you should do is set a budget that works for you. The price is going to align with the additional features, such as water pressure and number of outlets. That doesn’t mean the cheaper ones are bad! They don’t just include too many extras.
The Features Included
You have to check all of the features included in the hose timer. For example, look at the type. Is it a digital or analog timer? How many outlets does it include? How does it measure runtime? Extras, such as weatherproofing and being programmable are great bonuses!
As you can imagine, an electric timer is the easiest design and perfect if you work often. Electric timers let you set the frequency and duration, so you don’t have to be there at all once it is set. Single outlets are better for those with a small lawn. The largest amount of outlets a hose timer will have is three. Outlets are important because they allow you to control the water flow! Those with a lot of yard to water should consider a timer with three outlets.
Since your hose timer is located outside, weatherproofing will extend the life of your product. The rating is displayed on the packaging in the form of IPXY. The X and Y will be numbers between 1 and 9. You might see IP66 or IP45. The numbers tell you how much moisture and dust protection the hose timer has. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Ease of Use
The easiest hose timers to use also will be the most expensive, in general. Programmable timers with LCD screens give you the most freedom of interaction. These hose timers let the user create a watering schedule for each area of your garden. Some allow you to set the intensity, based on gallons per minute.
One feature that gardeners love is the rain delay feature! It is an awesome feature that allows you to pause your watering schedule if there has been recent rain. This feature prevents your garden from being over-watered, which is a major issue. Too much water can cause your plants to die, rot or spread disease. Plus, if your plants already have water, there is no reason to pay for more water! This feature saves you money as well.
Tips For Using A Hose Timer
Here are some tips for using a hose timer effectively.
The 5 Best Hose Timers Review
While all of these hose timers are great, the clear winner is Instapark! It features the most customization for a single valve. It also has one of the best rain delay features, ensuring you save as much water as possible. Plus, the brand is trustworthy and sells quality products.
A hose timer is a great way to maximize your time and ensure your plants always stay watered. A schedule is important for that! You don’t’ want all of your hard work to be destroyed because you forgot to water for a few days. One of these choices for the best hose timer will fit all of your needs and wants. Then, you can rest assured knowing your plants are always properly watered.Do you use a hose timer? If so, let us know what is your favorite in the comments!
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Hose Timer
Real Time Updates
- Timed watering up to 120 minutes
- Durable high impact construction
- Oversized dial with comfort grip for easy use
- No batteries required
- Saves water in drought conditions
- Single outlet to run one hose or watering tool
- Manually set run time (1 to 120 minutes) for easy watering
- Automatically turns water off after designated run time
- Metal easy-swivel coupling for a quick and durable connection to your spigot and hose
- 2-year warranty
- Dual outlets to run two hoses or watering tools simultaneously
- Programmable start time, frequency and duration of watering (1 to 360 minutes)
- Easy to set up, no tools needed, requiers 2AA batteries (batteries not included)
- Metal easy-swivel coupling for a quick connection to your spigot and hose
- 2-year warranty
- Flexible programming - set up to 4 cycles per day, each with it's own start time on specific days of the week. Easy Manual watering by simply using the "Manual" button
- The new larger Rectangular screen is 25% bigger to better display Information for the simplest set up and programming that can easily be seen at a glance
- Rain delay - if there's rain in the forecast, the rain delay mode will stop all watering for up to 7 days. The watering program will begin running automatically after the delay period
- Low Battery consumption. A new set of batteries lasts up to 6 months. The water program remains when batteries are changed or between seasons. Two x AA alkaline batteries are required (not included)
- Backed by a Melnor 7-Year Limited Warranty. Melnor stands behind its products. Leave a question/feedback below. We value your experience with us.
- EASY TO USE - Features a swivel coupling for easy and quick connection without any need for tools. Setup is a breeze with the simple and easy to follow instructions. Water Sprinkler timer features a large easy to read, LCD screen, displaying amazingly detailed information; such as when next watering cycle will begin, duration remaining for current watering cycle and much more. Enjoy a lush green lawn, without any worry of over-watering or under-watering!
- MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY - The Gideon Sprinkler Timer allows setting your precise desired watering frequency and duration. Program sprinkler timer schedule precisely when to start watering, when to stop watering. Each watering session can be set for up to 240 minutes, and can be programmed to water as many times needed per day, without limitations.
- RAIN DELAY - Easily skip watering sessions during and after rainy days, without interrupting the programmed watering cycles. Simply select how many hours/days of watering should be skipped; the system will then pause all watering for the entire duration and will resume its regular watering schedule after the programmed delay setting.
- 2-PROGRAMMABLE VALVES - Features two separate valves with maximum flexibility settings. Attach two hoses, and customize each hose with its own watering duration and frequency according to your precise needs. Use one water timer to control watering your lawn and garden!
- MANUAL WATERING - Want to wash your car or water your garden manually during an extremely hot day? Simply click on the 'manual' button and set your 'manual' watering session duration, the manual watering will shut by itself at the desired time. / Requires two (2) AA batteries (Not included). / Solid quality construction; fully waterproof and rainproof. / Upgraded for top performance.