The Best Hose Timer Buying Guide You Should Know
Creating a schedule is beneficial for everyone and everything, including your plants. A hose timer allows you to set a reliable schedule to ensure all of your plants are watered. You might like to have your morning coffee when you wake each day. Plants love to have a drink of water each morning.
A hose timer also allows you to create an ideal watering cycle. You can plan the frequency and duration. These schedules can be changed based on future temperatures and weather forecasts. They are easy to use and a great way to save time on your garden!
How To Pick A Hose Timer
There are several different choices available on the market, so you want to pick the choice that best aligns with your needs.
There is a wide price range of hose timers. The first thing you should do is set a budget that works for you. The price is going to align with the additional features, such as water pressure and number of outlets. That doesn’t mean the cheaper ones are bad! They don’t just include too many extras.
The Features Included
You have to check all of the features included in the hose timer. For example, look at the type. Is it a digital or analog timer? How many outlets does it include? How does it measure runtime? Extras, such as weatherproofing and being programmable are great bonuses!
As you can imagine, an electric timer is the easiest design and perfect if you work often. Electric timers let you set the frequency and duration, so you don’t have to be there at all once it is set. Single outlets are better for those with a small lawn. The largest amount of outlets a hose timer will have is three. Outlets are important because they allow you to control the water flow! Those with a lot of yard to water should consider a timer with three outlets.
Since your hose timer is located outside, weatherproofing will extend the life of your product. The rating is displayed on the packaging in the form of IPXY. The X and Y will be numbers between 1 and 9. You might see IP66 or IP45. The numbers tell you how much moisture and dust protection the hose timer has. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Ease of Use
The easiest hose timers to use also will be the most expensive, in general. Programmable timers with LCD screens give you the most freedom of interaction. These hose timers let the user create a watering schedule for each area of your garden. Some allow you to set the intensity, based on gallons per minute.
One feature that gardeners love is the rain delay feature! It is an awesome feature that allows you to pause your watering schedule if there has been recent rain. This feature prevents your garden from being over-watered, which is a major issue. Too much water can cause your plants to die, rot or spread disease. Plus, if your plants already have water, there is no reason to pay for more water! This feature saves you money as well.
Tips For Using A Hose Timer
Here are some tips for using a hose timer effectively.
The 5 Best Hose Timers Review
While all of these hose timers are great, the clear winner is Instapark! It features the most customization for a single valve. It also has one of the best rain delay features, ensuring you save as much water as possible. Plus, the brand is trustworthy and sells quality products.
A hose timer is a great way to maximize your time and ensure your plants always stay watered. A schedule is important for that! You don’t’ want all of your hard work to be destroyed because you forgot to water for a few days. One of these choices for the best hose timer will fit all of your needs and wants. Then, you can rest assured knowing your plants are always properly watered.Do you use a hose timer? If so, let us know what is your favorite in the comments!
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Hose Timer
Real Time Updates
- Lawn & Patio
- COMPLETE CONTROL - The B-hyve app is fully functional for Android, iOS or web devices and gives you control wherever you need it. Only one hub is needed to control multiple B-hyve hose timers
- SMART WATERING - WeatherSense technology provides watering based on site conditions such as slope, soil type, sun/shade, historical ET and live weather feeds
- KNOW THE FLOW - Your B-hyve's built-in flow meter allows you to track water usage, and can be measured by volume (gallons) or by time. This makes your timer perfect for all kinds of applications
- EASY TO INSTALL AND USE - Setup is very straightforward and simple. Just download the B-hyve app and create an account, then install your timer at your hose faucet, then program your timer in minutes. Only one hub is needed to control and run multiple B-hyve hose timers
- VOICE CONTROL - Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Visit help.orbitbhyve.com/alexa-commands/ for a quick guide on how you can use your B-hyve with Alexa
- Single-station digital programmable faucet water timer with impulse solenoid valve attaches to any garden outdoor hose faucet with a standard ¾" (GHS) thread and offers flexible and effective control of watering frequency and duration with simple, straightforward, fool-proof, and user-friendly programming
- Weather-resistant, impact-resistance, premium ABS construction with dust cover ideal for irrigation applications in gardens, yards, greenhouses, flowerbeds, and etc., waterproof rated at IP66
- Bright, vivid, and easy-to-read large 2.1" X 1" LED Display alternates between current time and timer status with bar-graph battery strength indicator
- Duration selectable (24, 48, or 72 hours) rain delay and manual option ensure complete control and maximum water conservation without altering the timer's program
- Low power consumption, up to 4,000 on/off cycle with 2 fresh batteries. Drawer-type detachable battery compartment for effortless battery replacement, 2 alkaline 1.5V AA batteries are required (NOT included)
- BLUETOOTH CONTROL - Use your mobile device's Bluetooth functionality to control and program your B-hyve from within its Bluetooth signal range of up to 150 feet. The B-hyve app works on both Android and iOS devices. You can program your timer through the app or with your web browser
- EASY WI-FI UPGRADE - To control your B-hyve with your phone via Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth, pair with the B-hyve Hub (sold separately). This also allows you to run Smart Watering, which uses site conditions and live weather feeds to automatically adjust your controller to deliver the right amount of water to your plants
- KNOW THE FLOW - Your B-hyve's built-in flow meter allows you to track water usage, and can be measured by volume (gallons) or by time. This makes your timer perfect for all kinds of applications, including watering your plants, gardening, washing your car, filling your pool, and for greenhouse/hydroponic uses
- EASY TO INSTALL AND USE - Setup is very straightforward and simple. Just download the B-hyve app and create an account, then install your timer at your hose faucet, then program your timer in minutes
- DURABILITY - The B-hyve is made to last, with a weatherproof and leak-free design that ensures timer performance and keeps the two AA batteries (not included) safe from the elements