The Best Hose Timer Buying Guide You Should Know
Creating a schedule is beneficial for everyone and everything, including your plants. A hose timer allows you to set a reliable schedule to ensure all of your plants are watered. You might like to have your morning coffee when you wake each day. Plants love to have a drink of water each morning.
A hose timer also allows you to create an ideal watering cycle. You can plan the frequency and duration. These schedules can be changed based on future temperatures and weather forecasts. They are easy to use and a great way to save time on your garden!
How To Pick A Hose Timer
There are several different choices available on the market, so you want to pick the choice that best aligns with your needs.
There is a wide price range of hose timers. The first thing you should do is set a budget that works for you. The price is going to align with the additional features, such as water pressure and number of outlets. That doesn’t mean the cheaper ones are bad! They don’t just include too many extras.
The Features Included
You have to check all of the features included in the hose timer. For example, look at the type. Is it a digital or analog timer? How many outlets does it include? How does it measure runtime? Extras, such as weatherproofing and being programmable are great bonuses!
As you can imagine, an electric timer is the easiest design and perfect if you work often. Electric timers let you set the frequency and duration, so you don’t have to be there at all once it is set. Single outlets are better for those with a small lawn. The largest amount of outlets a hose timer will have is three. Outlets are important because they allow you to control the water flow! Those with a lot of yard to water should consider a timer with three outlets.
Since your hose timer is located outside, weatherproofing will extend the life of your product. The rating is displayed on the packaging in the form of IPXY. The X and Y will be numbers between 1 and 9. You might see IP66 or IP45. The numbers tell you how much moisture and dust protection the hose timer has. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Ease of Use
The easiest hose timers to use also will be the most expensive, in general. Programmable timers with LCD screens give you the most freedom of interaction. These hose timers let the user create a watering schedule for each area of your garden. Some allow you to set the intensity, based on gallons per minute.
One feature that gardeners love is the rain delay feature! It is an awesome feature that allows you to pause your watering schedule if there has been recent rain. This feature prevents your garden from being over-watered, which is a major issue. Too much water can cause your plants to die, rot or spread disease. Plus, if your plants already have water, there is no reason to pay for more water! This feature saves you money as well.
Tips For Using A Hose Timer
Here are some tips for using a hose timer effectively.
The 5 Best Hose Timers Review
While all of these hose timers are great, the clear winner is Instapark! It features the most customization for a single valve. It also has one of the best rain delay features, ensuring you save as much water as possible. Plus, the brand is trustworthy and sells quality products.
A hose timer is a great way to maximize your time and ensure your plants always stay watered. A schedule is important for that! You don’t’ want all of your hard work to be destroyed because you forgot to water for a few days. One of these choices for the best hose timer will fit all of your needs and wants. Then, you can rest assured knowing your plants are always properly watered.Do you use a hose timer? If so, let us know what is your favorite in the comments!
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Hose Timer
Real Time Updates
- Single-station digital programmable faucet water timer with impulse solenoid valve attaches to any garden outdoor hose faucet with a standard ¾" (GHS) thread and offers flexible and effective control of watering frequency and duration with simple, straightforward, fool-proof, and user-friendly programming
- Weather-resistant, impact-resistance, premium ABS construction with dust cover ideal for irrigation applications in gardens, yards, greenhouses, flowerbeds, and etc., waterproof rated at IP66
- Bright, vivid, and easy-to-read large 2.1" X 1" LED Display alternates between current time and timer status with bar-graph battery strength indicator
- Duration selectable (24, 48, or 72 hours) rain delay and manual option ensure complete control and maximum water conservation without altering the timer's program
- Low power consumption, up to 4,000 on/off cycle with 2 fresh batteries. Drawer-type detachable battery compartment for effortless battery replacement, 2 alkaline 1.5V AA batteries are required (NOT included)
- Timed watering up to 120 minutes
- Durable high impact construction
- Oversized dial with comfort grip for easy use
- No batteries required
- Saves water in drought conditions
- Flexible programming allows you to set how often and how long to water different areas. Each zone is programmed independently and can water up to 24 times per day, with the option to water on individual days or scheduled intervals.
- 2-Piece 4 zone electronic programmable hose timer. Easily detach the large LCD screen from the valve - no need to lower yourself to faucet level to reschedule this irrigation controller. Just unplug the connection cord and you can set up the timer anywhere you want!
- Rain delay - if there's rain in the forecast, the rain delay mode will stop all watering for up to 7 days. The watering program will begin running automatically after the delay period.
- Low battery consumption. A new set of batteries lasts up to 6 months. The water program remains when batteries are changed or between seasons. Two x AA alkaline batteries are required (NOT included).
- Backed by a Melnor 7-Year Limited Warranty. Melnor stands behind its products. Need additional information or assistance from Melnor? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value your experience with us.
- Professional grade easy-to-use 7-day digital hose end timer with advanced scheduling features for use with hose-end sprinklers, Drip irrigation and soaker hose
- Convenient extra-large dial and readout screen for easy set-up and review of watering schedules
- Instant override buttons for "Cancel Watering" (also acts as up to a 96-hour rain delay) and "Water Now" (manual watering)
- Displays program status such as next scheduled water cycle, and time remaining on current cycle
- Allows for a maximum run time of 6-hours with up to 2-start times per day; ideal for use with Rain Bird hose-end sprinklers and Drip irrigation kits
- Control your watering from anywhere you have internet access with a smart phone, tablet or computer. Compatible with Amazon Alexa so your Raincloud will respond to voice commands.
- Setup is a breeze with a simple plug and play connection to your router and an App that makes scheduling easy and fun. Save water and fully automate with the addition of the AquaSentry Moisture Sensor which detects soil moisture and controls watering automatically
- Water up to 4 different areas or zones with 1 faucet, all with independent watering schedules with multiple cycles throughout the day
- No need to dig up your yard for an inground system: Raincloud works with standard garden hoses, drip systems, soaker hoses and all types of sprinklers
- Melnor provides 7-year warranty for Raincloud. If you experience a product failure issue ever; we replace it. We stand behind our products