5 Picks For The Best Lawn Sprinkler Of 2018
Do you have the time to stand outside and water your lawn each day? No, neither do I! The best lawn sprinkler saves you plenty of time throughout your week. It also ensures that your lawn is watered regularly. You’ll have the greenest yard on the block! Winning that neighborly lawn competition will be a breeze, so long as you remember to mow it as well.
Spike + Oscillating Sprinkler
Reasons Why You Should Use A Lawn Sprinkler
- Lawn sprinklers do work for you! Once you set it up, a sprinkler stays where it is located and does all the watering for you.
- Using a lawn sprinkler means you don’t have to drag out the hose. No more dealing with the kinks and the coiling. If you have a huge yard, you don’t have to pull the hose throughout the whole lawn, taking forever.
- Do you have high water bills during the summer months? Using a sprinkler gives you better control over your water usage. In some cities, conserving water is important, and sprinklers are encouraged. Most homeowners appreciate saving more where they can.
- You can find the perfect sprinkler for your lawn, no matter the size and shape. Lawn companies have developed a huge variety of choices. Some are portable, and some blend in with your foliage. Vegetable gardeners can buy ones specifically meant to water their beds.
- Do you have children? There isn’t an activity more iconic during summer than running through a sprinkler. It is hours of fun in the sun and water, while you get to relax.
Different Types Of Lawn Sprinklers
When you go to your nearest home improvement store, you might be shocked to see the multitude of choices. Sprinklers come in a wide variety of selections beyond the standard you might imagine. There are three main choices of sprinklers: spray, rotor heads, and drip systems. To decide which one you need, you have to think about your specific needs based on your garden and lawn.
1. Spray Sprinkler System
If you need to water a medium sized space, you might want to consider a spray sprinkler. Gardeners also use them flower beds and vegetable gardens, if they are on the smaller size. Spray sprinklers work best if on a flat surface. If you want to limit your water usage, this sprinkler system may work the best for you! When you want to buy a sprinkler for your kids, you might want to try these!
2. Rotor Heads
Do you have a huge lawn? Or, do you need to water a commercial space such as a park or the grounds surrounding a building? If so, rotor heads send out a constant stream of water. You can buy rotor head sprinklers with single and double sprays.
3. Oscillating Sprinklers
Many homeowners love oscillating sprinklers. It uses individual jets of water, evenly watering the lawn. Small lawns and garden beds are the ideal choices for oscillating sprinklers. However, some have a wider range of adjustments for their spray pattern. You can purchase them in plastic or aluminum.
4. Spike Sprinklers
Chances are you have seen these in the stores before. It is a spike that you drive into the ground. Some of them are mounted on a tripod. Why should you use a spike sprinkler? They cover a large area of lawn with even coverage. Mounted spike sprinklers easily adjust the range and height of the stream.
5. Drip Systems
Many vegetable gardeners love drip system sprinklers. They are easy to imagine. It is a long tube or hose with a lot of small holes, allowing water to drip out in the area you leave it. Drip systems are meant for long term irrigation systems that bring water to the area you need the most. A huge benefit to a drip system is that you can cover it with soil, so no one has to see it in your lawn or garden.
6. Traveling Sprinklers
A less common choice is a self-propelled lawn sprinkler. It can travel along the length of your hose. If you have a really large area to water, a traveling sprinkler will ensure every area is watered.
How To Decide Which Type Is Right For Your Yard?
Six varieties of sprinklers can make your decision difficult. Luckily, there are some ways to make this choice easier. Sprinklers aren’t a one size fits all item. You need to make a purchase based on your needs.
In order to select the perfect lawn sprinkler, you need to know the answers to the following questions.
I’ve done some extensive research on the topic, and here are the questions that will determine the type of sprinkler you’ll need, classified by importance:
- What is the size of your lawn? Is it small, medium, or large?
- Are you concentrating on one area that needs to be watered, such as vegetable garden, or do you need to just water the entire yard?
- Do you need lawn irrigation?
- Take a look at your soil. Some soils need different saturation levels, such as sand. What is your soil like?
- Is your lawn flat, or is there any sloped grounds? Look at the shape of your garden to decide your needs.
5 Best Lawn Sprinklers Reviews
Now, you know all of the different types of sprinklers. You asked yourself plenty of questions. So, let’s take a look at the top-selling choices on the market.
Every homeowner needs to have the best lawn sprinkler for their yard. It reduces your work and helps to maintain green and lush grass. It is hard to select one perfect sprinkler for everyone since your lawn size and shape will differ for everyone. The selection has to be made based on your specifications.
However, if we had to pick just one lawn sprinkler, the Raintrain would be the best. It covers a large amount of area, has an automatic shut off, and it is customizable. You could use it for a larger lawn. With the Raintrain, you never have to worry about uneven coverage. Best of all, you will conserve water by controlling the speed and water saturation.
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Lawn Sprinklers
Real Time Updates
- Smooth operating tabs control the length of the watering pattern from 10 feet to up to 75 feet and controls position of the pattern; left, right or center
- Patented one touch adjustment controls the width of the watering pattern from as little as 10 feet to as much as 53 feet wide; exclusively offered by Melnor
- Integrated flow control dial allows micro adjustment of the water to optimize your watering pattern; no wasting water on your driveway or sidewalk
- Large volume tube fills with water when in use to stabilize the sprinkler while also providing a smooth, even flow to the 18 nozzles for maximum coverage
- Infinity turbo motor ensures smooth operation at both low and high pressures with transmission gearing for the longest life
- POWERFUL & VERSATILE: Give your yard maximum water exposure with 80 PSI water pressure, 360 degree rotation, 32.8 feet spray distance, and up to 3,600 square foot even coverage.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Adjust the sprinkler nozzles to spray in any direction to customize your watering. The base is weighted to keep the unit in place and ensure it doesn't move around.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made with high-quality ABS plastic and a rust proof polymer, this durable lawn sprinkler will provide long lasting, worry free performance.
- SAVE TIME & WATER: This sprinkler is super easy to use and takes seconds to setup. It also uses water conservation technology that delivers an even layer of water without over spraying.
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: Why not kill two birds with one stone? These versatile lawn sprinklers can be used as a fun sprinkler set for children to play and cool down in on hot and sunny days.
- Easy to adjust coverage angle from 20° to 360° or partial to full circle watering
- Adjustable deflector flap adjusts spray distance from 40 to 85 diameters
- Diffuser pin customizes spray from gentle mist to powerful jet
- Built of durable, non-corrosive, all-metal parts for last season after season
- Backed by a Melnor 7-Year Limited Warranty. Melnor stands behind its products. Need additional information or assistance? Leave a question/feedback below. We value your experience with us.
- 【LONG SPRAY DISTANCE AND WIDE COVERAGE】: Efficiently water your lawn up to 26 - 32.8ft distance with international standard pipes. lawn sprinkler covers covers a lot of area with a spray distance up to 32.8ft for maximum water exposure(water pressure 80 PSI).the smart Garden Water Sprinkler has three arms, 360 degree rotating action, efficient, quick watering.
- 【DIFFERENT SPRINKLING MODES】: Sprayer garden water sprinkler has adjustable nozzles allows you to switch different kinds of sprinkling mode to satisfy your various water spraying needs. the angle can be set to 90 degrees for more compact watering or 45 degrees for watering larger areas. garden sprinkler can be targeted to save water most by adjusting the water density, size and scope.
- 【STABLE & DURABLE】: Garden and lawn water sprinkler's streamline-designed butterfly base transfers the airflow that the arms produced to downward stress, which press the base to the ground. it ensures that your yard sprinkler will stay in one location all the time and Never Flip Over. made with high-quality ABS plastic and a rust proof polymer which allows it to last long.
- 【EASY TO SETUP AND USE】: The lawn sprinkler equipped with a quick connect adaptor in seconds to start watering instantly without other auxiliary power equipment. Easy Hose Connection.
- 【MULTI-PURPOSE】:The lawn sprinkler can lawn irrigation, garden watering, roof cooling, Like any good summertime sprinkler, it can also be used for kids playtime. let it spin, and let your kids funny play!
- 20 precision nozzles provide maximum coverage of large lawns or gardens up to 4,200 sq. ft.
- TwinTouch controls adjust the width and range of the watering pattern to cover the whole yard or a narrow flower bed
- Infinity Turbo Drive provides a smooth operation for even watering and extended life
- Backed by the Melnor Limited Lifetime Warranty. Melnor stands behind its products