Looking For The Best Leaf Shredder? Let Review Our 5 Picks Before You Buy
As fall slowly arrives and the leaves start to drop from the tree, purchasing a leaf shredder, or leaf mulcher, is an investment that will help you throughout the season. Leaves and tree debris will slowly kill your grass if you leave it on your lawn all winter, so removing the leaves is crucial. Removing all of the tree debris takes too much time and effort, even if you have kids to help you out. We will review the best 5 leaf shredders in the market that will be helpful for you to make decision.
Even if you have a leaf blower, you still end up with a huge pile of leaves in your yard. What are you going to do with them? Your kids might enjoy jumping in the piles repeatedly, but that won’t help you get rid of them! That’s why you need a best leaf shredder to help create compost that will fertilize your garden.
Types Of Leaf Shredders
Electric Leaf Shredders
If you are concerned about the environment, an electric leaf shredder reduces the noise pollution as well as the air pollution when compared to gas powered mulchers. These units are lighter, so you’ll find it easier to carry around. However, the main disadvantage is that you must have an electrical outlet available. Also, they aren’t as powerful as gas powered.
Gas Leaf Shredders
Gas powered leaf shredders are the original type. You’ll find that they are quite heavy, but they’re the best choice if you have a lot of property that must be maintained. Gas shredders are noisy and require regular maintenance, but their power is unmatched in the other types.
Battery Powered Leaf Shredders
Battery powered leaf shredders tend to be a compromise between gas and electric ones. They are lightweight, quiet, and don’t require an electrical outlet. However, you do need to charge the units and the batteries won’t last forever.
How to Pick The Right Leaf Shredder
Purchasing a leaf shredder is a large purchase, so you want to make sure its the one for you! Here are some things to consider before making your decision.
When you read the description of a leaf shredder, it will list the amps of the motor, which allows you to determine the amount of power available. Ideally, you don’t want to go below 12 amps of power. If you have a larger job ahead of you or a lot of property, more amps is ideal.
It’s nice to have a few speed options. Different speeds allow you to control how fast the device sucks the leaves inside. At times, you may want a slower or moderate speed to ensure that there are not clogs.
A high reduction ratio is a good thing because you use a leaf shredder to get rid of all those multiple bags of leaves you would need. How many bags or gallons of yard waste can it reduce at one time? That’s an important factor. You want the several bags of leaves to turn into one.
Is the leaf shredder you’re considering capable of handling your size property? A larger capacity is important if you have more than one or two trees on your property.
High-quality blades ensure the leaves are properly shredded as they enter the mulcher. Also, higher-quality blades require fewer replacements. If you select low-quality blades, you’ll find yourself needing to replace before the season is over. If the leaf shredder doesn’t use blades, is the string easy to replace? Can it handle different materials?
5 Picks For The Best Leaf Shredder Review
All five of these leaf shredders handle the job, but the Flowtron stands out as the best! A total beginner can pick it up and use it with ease. Plus, it handles a variety of materials and offers versatility for users. Those are the marks of a great product!
AMAZON Best Sellers: Best Leaf Shredders
Real Time Updates
- 13 Amp motor efficiently mulches up to 53 gallons of leaves per minute, deposits debris into a bag (not included)
- Flex-a-line bladeless system uses thick trimmer line to achieve an 11:1 mulching ratio
- Tool free, quick assembly and disassembly for convenient and compact storage. Line Diameter-0.09 inches. Cutting Diameter-13 inches
- Features a clean air motor cooling system and an easy start-stop system
- Includes 13 Amp Leaf Mulcher, 24 cutting lines, bag support ring, and manufacturer's 3-year warranty
- Powerful 13 Amp motor with 8000 RPM mulches up to 12 Gallon (46 L) of leaves per minute
- Reduces yard waste up to 1/16th its original size
- Conveniently attaches to leaf bag-lined trash container for easy disposal
- Adjustable control dial with settings for wet or dry yard waste
- Dust-reducing motor cooling system for cleaner air during operation; Lightweight and compact for easy portability and storage
- Powerful 15 Amp motor shreds branches and sticks up to 1 3/4" inch thick
- Leaf chute and tamper tool to keep your hands free and safe. 120 Volt 60Hz
- Easy clean up with the 1.2 bushel collection bin
- Overload protection with reset switch
- Durable back wheels that offers easy portability
- 17 pounds; limited one-year warranty
- Ideal for turning leaves, twigs, brush, and branches into nutrient-rich mulch
- Powerful 15-amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1.73-inches thick
- Eco-friendly with zero carbon emissions for cleaner air
- Safety hopper with locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
- Compact design with 7-inch wheels for easy portability